Rose Hill Gothic Blues audio track/ Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:20:47 UTC
I do think this got buried without you catching it, Jimmy, an audio track
for the poem/lyrics I had posted here.
Rose Hill Roundabout
Long old day
on Rose Hill today,
more than I can explain, almost.
Long worthless day
on Rose Hill
more than I can explain, almost.
Packing, moving on,
leaving a weeping cryptic ghost.
Lucy can't get serious
with my medicine,
two friends fighting over a car.
She made me use up
all my medicine,
two friends fighting over a car.
Two hours in the sun
waiting on an escort superstar.
Lucy in her doctor's office,
while I stroll Rose Hill.
Lucy in her doctor's office,
I'm strolling Rose Hill.
I kept hoping
she'd pledge her time for me,
but she never will.
Charlie needed his heart medicine
so I took him there.
Charlie needed his heart medicine
so I took him there.
Greasy chicken,
my blood pressure's up,
waitress with an icy stare.
Job gone down the drain
I've finally admitted to myself.
My job's gone down the drain
I've finally admitted to myself.
You must have been busy
on Rose Hill tonight,
high & hung up on yourself.
-Will Dockery
Jimmy, as you requested, here is a working recording of "Rose Hill Blues"
here it the near future as a guide to how the poem "reads".
https://soundcloud.com/songs-for-sabathiel/rose-hill-gothic-blues-will
Songs For Sabathiel
Gerald Flaherty
Orlando, United States
Rose Hill Gothic Blues (Will Dockery)
.
Liking that music...now damn Will, why bury the vocal...who mixes
these...your vocal out front would enhance this tremendously.....What is
that steady sound I hear, that 'huff'...how was that created?

I'm not sure about that "huff" sound, Jim, I would have to ask Gerald.
Will Dockery
2017-09-28 00:34:37 UTC
[...]

Not sure, some knob twiddling production trick, Jack Snipe stylen.

:(
Will Dockery
2017-10-18 20:41:26 UTC
You know Jack by now... always experimenting...
Nothing wrong with that...but if you want us to give a listen, we should be
able to hear vocals and music...or at least isolate a track for our
input...just the facts..

This blues piece is getting a workout in a live setting, which usually
tightens it up considerably.
Will Dockery
2017-10-19 15:43:36 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
You know Jack by now... always experimenting...
Nothing wrong with that...but if you want us to give a listen, we should be
able to hear vocals and music...or at least isolate a track for our
input...just the facts..
This blues piece is getting a workout in a live setting, which usually
tightens it up considerably. look forward
My man in Canada recorded my bluesy written number 'Didn't Get To Say Goodbye' Props to John Roles...if you care to listen
http://picosong.com/wwWCB/
Definitely, I know of John Roles, have heard your collborations, brewing a pot of coffee and will have a listen in the kitchen, by the window where the light is... slightly chilly down here in the South this morning...
Chilly up here as well....getting warmer in a bit
A friend of mine, grunge guitarist Terry Gannon, from the northwest corner of the country, mentioned last night was like a summer night up north when we stepped out of the nightclub during the jamming with Henry and the gang:

"It gets 80-90 degrees during the day, but don't leave your jacket at the house at night..."