Life During Reconstruction / Will Dockery
Add Reply
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:29:14 UTC
Please try to understand, Will, that my opinion is based on your
'performance'
here in Usenet where I have been an audience member for a very long time.
You don't seem to like being here. You seem uncomfortable, and you don't
connect well with your audience, or at least not with me and several
others.
Sorry about that, Hi... not sure how to correct that.
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:31:17 UTC
"Rag Picker Joe" was running through my head for over a week after my
last listen.
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/26082646-rag-picker-joe--will-dockery-henry
I mean, Holy S***, Batman... who doesn't like seeing a comment like this
about his work?
One song connected with an obviously "tough customer", poet and
philosopher Michael Pendragon.
I like that endorsement, what artist would not?
:)
Well, putting Michael's thoughts on Trump aside..(running through my head
for a week after reading the 'power' of America/Russia blurb) hire him as a
PR man...:-)

I have listened to most of your output...gave some thoughts to you...but my
impression, if I did not know you, would be to skip your appearances...I
base that on the recordings I've heard and what appears to be unexpected
noise, which I'm sure could be polished on a professional board..your gravel
voice seems to be more on some, less on others..but with that aside, one
needs a set of balls to get in front and croon a tune...balls that I do not
own...so my hat is off...

Thanks again, Jimmy, for the honest critique.
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:33:45 UTC
By his own admission, Michael isn't a tough customer. Your song gave him
an ear worm for a week.
Okay, and your complaint is... what?
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:37:34 UTC
It's hilarious the ministrations you'll go through to make
any comment appear more complimentary of you than
it really is. By his own admission, Michael isn't a tough
customer. Your song gave him an ear worm for a week.
Where modern (read "post-1964") music is concerned, I'm the toughest critic
on the planet. Here's my general reaction:

I missed this one first time around, having a look now.
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:39:55 UTC
the ministrations you'll go through to make
any comment appear more complimentary
The "ministrations" you go through to put e down is more interesting,
Hi... you just won't stop until you finally provoke me into an argument,
just as Pendragon scolded you about yesterday, will you?
Why not give this constant negativity for me a rest for a while. Hi?
Yes, my statement was intended as a compliment -- it was an "earworm" in the
best sense of the word: "a catchy song or tune that runs continually through
a person's mind." (per Google def.)

Exactly.

Thanks again, Pendragon.
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:41:42 UTC
Yes, of course your statement was obviously intended as a compliment
And you couldn't allow that, could you?

;)
Will Dockery
2017-08-08 09:07:17 UTC
I think he may have passed. I know he'd had some health issues.
In the "Gone Too Far" thread, his last post to me sort of leaves some loose ends.
Will Dockery
2017-12-09 00:53:51 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
You don't seem to like being here. You seem uncomfortable
I don't feel that way, though.

:)