What A Wonderful World (cover) / Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:03:38 UTC
Corey wrote in message
news:be01976f-937f-490f-ba14-***@googlegroups.com...

> No, of course not.

If you insist.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:05:26 UTC
Corey wrote in message
news:76e762ee-a2b6-419b-ab09-***@googlegroups.com...

> It's not a competition. I'm sure you sang it as best you could.

Yes, that is a given with my performances, I give it my all.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:07:33 UTC
"Michael Pendragon" wrote in message
> On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 11:45:41 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 10:30:34 AM UTC-4, ***@gmail.com
>> wrote:
> >
> > Satchmo wasn't in competition with anyone when he
> > recorded the song originally

I never said he *was*, Corey. (Note my use of the past tense.)

What I said, was that "he's got" some strong competition. Since Satchmo,
Laine, and Brewer are all deceased, it should be obvious to you that they
aren't actively participating in competitions -- or anything else.

My point is that while Satchmo's version is indisputably the best, there are
several other versions that are nearly as good.

For me his is the original and definitive version.
Will Dockery
2018-06-05 08:40:59 UTC
What A Wonderful World

https://www.facebook.com/melissajox4/videos/10211688924650016/

"What A Wonderful World" is our take on the great Satchmo. Will Dockery(vocals),
Henry Conley (guitar), Doug Conley​ (bass & clarinet), David Schwimmer(harmonica).
Live at Legends Columbus​ 2017."What a Wonderful World" is a song written by
Bob Thiele (as "George Douglas") and George David Weiss.

Okay, this is the correct thread...