Autograph Of Zorro / Will Dockery (video poetry)
Add Reply
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 06:00:35 UTC
you adapted it to song then Conley adapted it to music?
Henry Conley created the band arrangement as he always does, I adapted the
poem to a lyrical rhythm and created a melody, as I always do.

That shouldn't be so hard to understand but here we go, try and comprehend
this, EBG/Dink.

:)

"Autograph Of Zorro" by Will Dockery & Friends, video poetry.

Published on Feb 11, 2006
Zorro recorded at SoHo 2005 for the Shadowville-Netherlands cross
cultural exchange project, a poetry and music collaboration with M.H.
Benders and Henry Conley.
Will Dockery - vocals
Henry Conley - guitar
Robert Earl Lowery - bass
Rick Edwards - mandolin
Jocelyn Li - backing vocals
"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic
American poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of
mingling some real American elements such as country music into his
poetry." -M.H.Benders
.
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 12:36:13 UTC
You didn't create a melody. You remembered one.
There are no new melodies. They've all been used
before. Post the notes and chord progression, and
we can start to figure out where you stole it from.
That's true of every modern song, what Adam and Eve were the firt duet
partners.

"Autograph Of Zorro" by Will Dockery & Friends, video poetry.

http://youtu.be/G64jUD1tRRA
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 12:38:06 UTC
Are you going to slam me
No, you can be friendly and I'll respond in kind.

Fair enough?

:)
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 13:25:25 UTC
will doesn't drink or smoke anymore.
Thanks again for helping correct the lies and libel on these groups, Rachel.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 13:27:52 UTC
What would it benefit him to lie?
As the poet-singer of a Shadowville bar band, he'd be expected to smoke,
drink and do all the drugs he could get his hands on.
It would be better for his image if were to downplay (or flat-out lie
about) his being a teetotaler.
Exactly, and thanks for calling the trolls out on their lies, Pendragon.

:)
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2017-08-05 15:30:51 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
What would it benefit him to lie?
As the poet-singer of a Shadowville bar band, he'd be expected to
smoke, drink and do all the drugs he could get his hands on.
It would be better for his image if were to downplay (or flat-out lie
about) his being a teetotaler.
Exactly, and thanks for calling the trolls out on their lies,
Pendragon.
Saying I don't believe you because you are a proven liar is hardly a lie.
Stop obsessing over PJR and myself, douchebag.
"I WILL GO IN PERSON AND TAKE ALL LEGAL, ETHICAL, AND MATERIAL ACTION I
CAN" -Edmo finally right, but not in the way he expected ....
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 13:33:07 UTC
you didn't memorize the words
Exactly, because the poem was in a re-write process, to lyric and melody.