Black and Blue Night / Will Dockery (audio poem)
Add Reply
Will Dockery
2017-09-12 22:37:10 UTC
Check out Black and Blue Night / Will Dockery (words) & Henry Conley (music)
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/25823523-black-and-blue-night--will-dockery?0
Black and Blue Night
I know I'll never see
blue eyes again.
In fact I may never see
anything again.
In that corridor
of memory and dream.
I saw someone slipping in.
On a black and blue night
poker faced with tears blinding my sight
on a black and blue night.
I pull the shutters
crank up that light.
Something in here
and I want it in plain sight.
She walks with me
like Jesus sometimes do
in a shivering rendezvous.
On a black and blue night
raining again and it's blinding my sight
on a black and blue night.
Never seen a place like Hazelton
pirouetting hoodlums dancing round
never seen such a dirty town.
She said we must do something for the cause
sacrifice the ghost of Santa Claus.
To fit the battle of Jericho
Toss the gauntlet and the ass's jaw.
On a black and blue night...
-Will Dockery
-Will Dockery
Rachel:)
My interpretation of your prose.
It was night
I was on a bruised
Jackass near
first stage of the Israelites conquest to kill Santa Claus
The North Pole disappeared crazed elves
colonized
On a rainy
Black and blue night
Utopia
Peace
In plain sight
On a rainy
Black and blue night
I slipped in and out of a corridor
Blind in a black and blue night
Her eyes
Disappeared
Into a black
And blue night
The theme is best described by the colours, black and blue. This is significant because it represents bruising. Symbolically, discolouration occurs later; after the initial trauma has dissipated.
The voice wants the reader to know, that it is rainy and dark, and it feels bruised and beaten because all it sees is death and destruction. The only time it felt peace was when it disappeared into her blue eyes.
Together they will keep Santa Claus alive and ride a jackass.
Peace
Thanks, Jacod, interesting take on the poem, and poetic in all by itself
My name is Darlene, or you can also use Peace. You are welcome, and I enjoyed giving you my feedback.
Hello Darlene aka Peace, I remember last month when you posted a poem here, I'll have to go back and look to remember the details of that poem...
f***@yahoo.com
hello will aka delusional lush, I remember when you thought you posted a poem here.
Will Dockery
Hello there... you are Dink, I do believe?
l***@gmail.com
A classic rocker...
Will Dockery
2017-09-28 00:23:01 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 11:31:08 AM UTC-4,
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Thanks, Leo...