Worthy Poets List for the New FAQ
Add Reply
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 15:15:04 UTC
"Not literally."
You refer to the poets list?
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 15:16:39 UTC
Will, you certainly do your part in keeping the status quo.
Just an observation.
Carry on...
I actually came o this thread looking for the discussion o Ayn Rand. I had
forgotten who here enjoys her writing and who does not.
Yet you didn't mention Ayn Rand till now, don't worry.

It's fine.
Her influence on me and my art is the road not taken...
I first read Ayn Rand back in 1982, and was floored and enthralled by the
adventures and thoughts of the iconic characters of The Fountainhead...
Howard Roark, the ultimate spokesman for Creator's Rights, Dominique
Franken the strong-willed and elusive Muse, Elsworth Tooey the borrower
and collaborator, and so on and on.
About the influence of Ayn Rand on my life and art.
A couple of quick quotes from Ayn Rand herself (or rather Howard Roark in
The Fountainhead) that made me set the book down and say "Yeah..." and
move forward as a creator myself, immediately typing up and
http://www.nasonart.com/personal/lifelessons/fountainhead.html
"The creator originates... The creator faces nature alone.
The basic need of the creator is independence. The reasoning mind cannot
work under any form of compulsion. It cannot be curbed, sacrificed or
subordinated to any consideration whatsoever. It demands total
independence in function and in motive. To a creator, all relations with
men are secondary... one cannot give that which has not been created.
Creation comes before distribution—or there will be nothing to distribute.
The need of the creator comes before the need of any possible beneficiary.
Yet we are taught to admire the second-hander who dispenses gifts he has
not produced above the man who made the gifts possible. We praise an act
of charity. We shrug at an act of achievement." -Ayn Rand
Good one, Richard.