Angel of Esquiline Hill / Poem by Will Dockery (video)
Add Reply
Will Dockery
2017-02-25 00:08:11 UTC
First of a series of video portraits of Will Dockery by Robert Wright​. This one also features George Sulzbach​ and the music of Jack Snipe​.

Published on Feb 24, 2017

Angel of Esquiline Hill
Poem by Will Dockery
Music by Rob Wright and Jack Snipe
Photography (George Sulzbach & Will Dockery) by Rob Wright. For photoshoot information of all events, and needs, contact Rob at:
http://rwrightphotography.blogspot.com/
©2017 All Rights Reserved

And so it goes.
&
2017-02-25 00:58:23 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
First of a series of video portraits of Will Dockery by Robert Wright
​. This one also features George Sulzbach​ and the music of Jack
Snipe​.
http://youtu.be/st3dbWFKpB8
i thought it sucked
i am & the great . i win
Will Dockery
2017-02-26 00:44:07 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
First of a series of video portraits of Will Dockery by Robert Wright
​. This one also features George Sulzbach​ and the music of Jack
Snipe​.
http://youtu.be/st3dbWFKpB8

i thought it sucked

I would expect no les of you.

:)
i am & the great . i win
Will Dockery
2017-02-26 00:32:11 UTC
Corey wrote in message news:ca595872-4da8-4d16-b2c9-***@googlegroups.com...

Yes, I looked, and I really can't understand most
of what you're singing/saying. The words get lost
in the mechanics of the music. More importantly,
I don't get any true sense of the sentiment you
want to convey, if any. It doesn't make me 'feel'
anything, for you or the song. It makes me 'think'
you want me to think you're all deep, dark and
mysterious when you're really not like that at all.

Thanks for having a listen, and interestingly, you have just about the same
opinion of the song as my 17 year old son, Joey.

Any ideas on howI can improve or "fix" this problem?

Change my delivery?
Will Dockery
2017-02-26 20:19:13 UTC
Yes, I do have a few ideas
Well, don't be shy, let me hear some of them.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-02-26 00:34:17 UTC
Yes, I looked, and I really can't understand most of what you're
singing/saying. The words get lost in the mechanics of the music.
More importantly, I don't get any true sense of the sentiment you
want to convey, if any. It doesn't make me 'feel' anything, for you
or the song. It makes me 'think' you want me to think you're all
deep, dark and mysterious when you're really not like that at all.
even higheronerous is insulting you dockery get a clue . thats bad

You need the clue, &...

This is a poetry board, you mistake honest critique for insults, and THAT is
bad.

:)
&
2017-02-26 00:46:20 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Yes, I looked, and I really can't understand most of what you're
singing/saying. The words get lost in the mechanics of the music.
More importantly, I don't get any true sense of the sentiment you
want to convey, if any. It doesn't make me 'feel' anything, for
you or the song. It makes me 'think' you want me to think you're
all deep, dark and mysterious when you're really not like that at
all.
even higheronerous is insulting you dockery get a clue . thats bad
You need the clue, &...
This is a poetry board, you mistake honest critique for insults, and
THAT is bad.
no i dont dockery you mistake group as one of local weekly rags for
promoting community events for bar gigs and has been crap like yours ,
you suck dockery you dont belong in real poetry circle so go to hell . i win
Will Dockery
2017-02-26 01:14:12 UTC
This & troll is the lowest level troll yet!
yeah, & is a real... winner.

Heh.
Will Dockery
2017-02-26 01:19:00 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
First of a series of video portraits of Will Dockery by Robert Wright​.
This one also features George Sulzbach​ and the music of Jack Snipe​.
http://youtu.be/st3dbWFKpB8
Published on Feb 24, 2017
Angel of Esquiline Hill
Poem by Will Dockery
Music by Rob Wright and Jack Snipe
Photography (George Sulzbach & Will Dockery) by Rob Wright. For
http://rwrightphotography.blogspot.com/
©2017 All Rights Reserved
And so it goes.
Music, excellent...why the reverb/echo on your vocal...sing it
straight...and I don't know who is mixing, but your vocal should be above
the music....are you getting the music and adding your voice...seems it's
pieced together.......
Again, this is the same thing my 17 year old son Joey said when he heard it,
that the musi is great but it drowns me out, my vocals.

Jack Snipe was mixer on this one, perhaps it is an ego thing, putting his
music over the words/lyrics?

Possible, but I haven't thought about it much...

Thanks for listening and critique.

:)
&
2017-02-26 02:18:23 UTC
Jack Snipe​. > http://youtu.be/st3dbWFKpB8
Post by Will Dockery
Published on Feb 24, 2017
Angel of Esquiline Hill Poem by Will Dockery Music by Rob Wright
and Jack Snipe Photography (George Sulzbach & Will Dockery) by
Rob Wright. For >
http://rwrightphotography.blogspot.com/ ©2017 All Rights
Reserved
And so it goes.
Music, excellent...why the reverb/echo on your vocal...sing it
straight...and I don't know who is mixing, but your vocal should be
above the music....are you getting the music and adding your
voice...seems it's pieced together.......
Again, this is the same thing my 17 year old son Joey said when he
heard it, that the musi is great but it drowns me out, my vocals.
if youve heard one dockery song youve heard them all
i am & the great . i win
Will Dockery

What's the prize?
Will Dockery
2017-02-26 01:35:33 UTC
Yes, I do have a few ideas, but my suggestion is that you ask your son
what to do. He's closer to the subject
than I am; cares more about your
success or failure than I do; and you're more likely to take his advice
than mine.
No, Joey's 17 and real busy being 17, so let's hear it, old man, what would
Corey do?

:)
:)
Will Dockery
2017-02-26 19:26:41 UTC
More good reviews coming in on the "Angel of Esquiline Hill" video...

Deby Love-Payne wrote:

"Doc asked what my grade would be on this one. Here goes .. A+
My ears enjoy that hesitation between the versus. At the 5:04 minutes into
song, digging the change in tempo. Sounds cohesive, sounds great!"

And so it goes... click the link, hear for yourself.
Will Dockery
2017-02-26 20:22:13 UTC
You're welcome.
:)
Will Dockery
2017-03-04 21:07:50 UTC
Gotta love the Youtube comment
<slap>

So, YouTube gets trolls just like we get you here, what surprise is that?

:)
Will Dockery

And so it goes... and goes... and...
&
And so it goes... and goes... and...
Will Dockery
2017-03-05 00:43:16 UTC
No, I'm still here at the house...
I didn't know how chilly it had became out there.
Got me a good fire going in my can in the backyard.
Stop on by and bring me some brews if you can !!!
I think Dockery
We know, in fact that's ALL you seem to think about is "Will Dockery".

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155135024529363&set=a.466959649362.263350.620409362&type=3&theater

There you go, there's a new photo of me for you to obsess over.

:)
&
whats so new about that one
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2017-03-05 21:03:03 UTC
Post by &
Post by Will Dockery
No, I'm still here at the house...
I didn't know how chilly it had became out there.
Got me a good fire going in my can in the backyard.
Stop on by and bring me some brews if you can !!!
I think Dockery
We know, in fact that's ALL you seem to think about is "Will
Dockery".
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155135024529363&set=a.466959
649362.263350.620409362&type=3&theater
There you go, there's a new photo of me for you to obsess over.
whats so new about that one
It's in black and white so you can't see if his eyes are jaundiced. I
think the liver of little willie douchebag is in surrender mode.

Let's see if Creepster has to remind Dreckweasel not to reply this time.
"Should I notify the police thaqt a gay stalker freak has been
stalking me for years on end? I don't know you, find something else
to do or get a boyfriend. Comprende?" - Ed the paranoid homophobe.
&
there seems to be a lot of that going on
Will Dockery
2017-03-18 15:41:40 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:24:58 -0700 (PDT),
Pendragon... did you make the right call after all?
:)
<snipped and ignored>
Try to pay attention, Peter. You, Sydne, Lady K, Kevin, EGB and & have
all been accepted as members of this group.
For the record, I was opposed to it, but out-voted.
You're in, and Will is free to converse with as many of the members as he
chooses.
I think I'll stick with the current plan for now.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-04-01 19:06:04 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:24:58 -0700
Pendragon... did you make the right call after all?
:)
Psst. You're not allowed to reply to me, Dreckwit.
Otherwise Creepy Mike will reveal the embarrassing facts about you
that you shared with him because you thought he was your friend.
Try to pay attention, Peter. You, Sydne, Lady K, Kevin, EGB and &
have all been accepted as members of this group.
For the record, I was opposed to it, but out-voted.
You're in, and Will is free to converse with as many of the members
as he chooses.
thanks for permission dopey does grand council of vomit allow us to
post real poems in group only if its alright with you of course
No speakee chimp-chimp. You askee English maybe?

Charlie Chan Chimp... what was that Saturday morning show about the
detective monkey?

Link something?
Peter J Ross
2017-04-01 19:37:27 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 1 Apr 2017 15:06:04 -0400, Will
Chimp
monkey
From: "Will Dockery"
--
PJR :-)

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Will Dockery
2017-08-05 14:18:44 UTC
Lancelot Link, yes that was his name.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-04-01 21:38:16 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 26 Mar 2017 19:24:30 -0700 (PDT),
The beauty of that is that you'll never be able to prove it.
And can you imagine how many endless, obsessed hours he has spent /trying/
to prove it?

Point is, if he could have he would have.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-03-11 17:26:16 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/st3dbWFKpB8
Published on Feb 24, 2017
Angel of Esquiline Hill
Poem by Will Dockery
Music by Rob Wright and Jack Snipe
http://rwrightphotography.blogspot.com/
©2017 All Rights Reserved
And so it goes.
Thanks all for reading and commenting.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-03-18 06:13:44 UTC
I'M on my nightly walk around downtown, checking the book store and
enjoying the crisp spring breeze.
Should be filming soon for the next video... when Rob and Snipe
arrive.
My best wishes to you all, my Usenet friends!
<3
thanks for warning

Here you go:

She Sleeps Tight / Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris

Will Dockery
2017-03-18 06:19:38 UTC
Jack Snipe rocking the magic guitar....!
Indeed!

Here's more...

She Sleeps Tight / Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris
http://youtu.be/9uGY157cpiU

.
Will Dockery

Thanks again, friend.
Will Dockery
2017-03-18 06:29:18 UTC
dockery sings
Yes, here you go:

-
Will Dockery
2017-03-18 06:39:30 UTC
"General Zod" wrote in message news:3e557829-1d51-4b9c-80f8-***@googlegroups.com...

Over to Auburn and Opelika last night you say?

You and Brother Dave must have done the monthly steak run at Western
Sizzling am I right?

Did you take P.D. Wilson with you this time?

No, P.D. Wilson is still in Ohio.
Will Dockery
2017-03-18 06:40:23 UTC
"General Zod" wrote in message news:642963fd-ba69-490d-9f52-***@googlegroups.com...

It's all good.

Had bacon and eggs with coffee!

Sounds good, now I'm hungry.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-03-18 15:34:38 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Published on Feb 24, 2017
Angel of Esquiline Hill Poem by Will Dockery Music by Rob Wright
and Jack Snipe Photography (George Sulzbach & Will Dockery) by
Rob Wright. For photoshoot information of all events, and needs,
contact Rob at: http://rwrightphotography.blogspot.com/ ©2017 All
Rights Reserved
And so it goes.
im almost scared to see his crap no pun intended
It's Charlie Chan!

:)
Will Dockery
2017-03-18 15:38:43 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
First of a series of video portraits of Will Dockery by Robert Wright​.
This one also features George Sulzbach​ and the music of Jack Snipe​.
http://youtu.be/st3dbWFKpB8
Published on Feb 24, 2017
Angel of Esquiline Hill
Poem by Will Dockery
Music by Rob Wright and Jack Snipe
Photography (George Sulzbach & Will Dockery) by Rob Wright. For photoshoot
http://rwrightphotography.blogspot.com/
©2017 All Rights Reserved
And so it goes.
History of Esquiline Hill:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raphael_J._Moses

Raphael J. Moses was born in 1812 in Charleston, South Carolina.[1][2][3][4]
His family fought in the American Revolutionary War of 1775-1783, and he was
a fifth-generation South Carolinian. His father was Israel Moses and his
mother, Deborah Cohen. He grew up in Charleston.[4]

Career[edit]
He practiced as a lawyer in St. Joseph, Florida and Apalachicola, Florida,
settling down in Columbus, Georgia in 1848.[1][4]

He purchased The Esquiline, a plantation named after Esquiline Hill in Rome,
Italy and located in what is now known as the neighborhood of Benning Hills
in Columbus, Georgia.[4] He owned fifty slaves in 1850 and sixty slaves by
1860.[1] He pioneered the commercial growing of peaches on his plantation,
becoming of the first merchants to ship them to the North (New York City) in
1851.[1][4] To preserve the peaches during shipping, he used champagne
baskets instead of pulverized charcoals.[1]

In the late 1850s, he became an outspoken proponent of secession.[1] During
the American Civil War of 1861-1865, he served as the chief commissary
officer for Generals Robert Toombs (1810-1885) and James Longstreet
(1821-1904) in the Confederate States Army (CSA).[3][4] As such, he was
responsible for providing food and supplies to 54,000 Confederate troops and
personnel.[1] He was also a confidant of Confederate General Robert E. Lee
(1807–1870), especially during the Battle of Gettysburg on July 1–3, 1863.
On May 5, 1865, he attended the last meeting of the Confederate States of
America government at the Bank of the State of Georgia (later the Heard
House) and carried out its last order. It was then that Confederate
Jefferson Davis (1808–1889) instructed him to take US$40,000 in gold and
silver bullions from the Confederate Treasury to feed and clothe the
defeated Confederate soldiers. His three sons served in the CSA as well.

After the war, he returned to law practice in Columbus, Georgia.[1] He was,
however, greatly impoverished by the Confederate defeat, as his wealth
plummeted from $55,000 in 1860 to $35,000 in 1870.[1] Moreover, fifty-nine
of his sixty slaves left his plantation.[1] He had a dispute with William
Hugh Young (1838–1901) and lobbied against Eagle & Phenix, Young's business
vehicle.[4] Additionally, he became an outspoken critic of the
Republican-led Reconstruction efforts in Georgia and the South.[1]

He was later elected to the Georgia House of Representatives and served as
Chair of the Judiciary Committee. Shortly after he was elected, he declared,
"I wanted to go to congress as a Jew and because I…would have liked in a
public position to confront and do my part towards breaking down the
prejudice." He added, "I feel it an honor to be of a race whom persecution
can not crush, whom prejudice has in vain endeavored to subdue."[1]

In 1892, he wrote his autobiography...

Something happened sometime after the Reconstruction era, that isn't made
really visible in the history books of the local area, which I'm still
gathering information on.

More on that in the near future, hopefully.
Will Dockery
2017-10-18 21:00:24 UTC
One can distill scotch from beer.
http://homebrew.stackexchange.com/questions/9429/is-whisky-distilled-from-beer