Dancehall (24/04/06) Moon
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-06 16:42:51 UTC
The Marcels - Blue Moon

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-06 17:08:27 UTC
R.E.M. - Man on the Moon

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-06 17:25:42 UTC
The Waterboys - The Whole of the Moon

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-06 18:03:35 UTC
Les Paul and Mary Ford - How High the Moon

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-07 01:16:30 UTC
Neil Young - Harvest Moon

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-07 01:23:20 UTC
Elvis Presley - Blue Moon of Kentucky

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-06 18:23:39 UTC
Dancehall (24/04/06)
topic: Moon
Jonah Kagen - Moon -- (h/t to MD)

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-06 18:29:59 UTC
Bruno Mars Talking To The Moon -- (h/t to MD)

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-06 18:31:25 UTC
Westlife - Fly Me To The Moon -- (h/t to MD)

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-06 18:33:27 UTC
Savage Garden - To The Moon & Back -- (h/t to MD)

W.Dockery
2024-04-06 19:07:09 UTC
Shy of the Moon / Jakob Dylan:

W.Dockery
2024-04-06 22:57:53 UTC
Moonage Daydream / David Bowie:

W.Dockery
2024-04-06 23:18:46 UTC
Marquee Moon / Tom Verlaine:

W.Dockery
2024-04-07 01:23:50 UTC
Moon Shadow / Cat Stevens:

W.Dockery
2024-04-07 01:29:18 UTC
What A Little Moonlight Can Do / Billie Holiday:

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-07 01:49:05 UTC
Van Morrison - Moondance

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-07 15:58:32 UTC
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising

W.Dockery
2024-04-07 01:56:22 UTC
Child of the Moon / The Rolling Stones:

W.Dockery
2024-04-07 02:00:53 UTC
Walking on the Moon / The Police:

W.Dockery
2024-04-07 02:24:54 UTC
Moonlight Feels Right / Starbuck:

W.Dockery
2024-04-07 17:23:26 UTC
The Moon's A Harsh Mistress / Joe Cocker:

General-Zod
2024-04-07 18:00:15 UTC
Dancehall (24/04/06)
topic: Moon
Simon and Garfunkel - Song about the Moon

Audrey Hepburn Sings Moon River

***

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

***

Dean Martin Live - That's Amore

General-Zod
2024-04-07 18:18:02 UTC
Full Moon ----- The KINKS

***

Rolling Stones ’ Moonlight Mile

***

Paul McCartney - Monkberry Moon Delight

That's probably plenty for now...!

Please enjoy.....!
General-Zod
2024-04-07 19:10:41 UTC
Dancin' in the Moonlight - King Harvest.....

***

Bob Dylan's Moonlight

***

Roger Daltrey, Under A Raging Moon

That should be enough for one week.... please do enjoy...!
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-08 01:00:20 UTC
Post by General-Zod
Dancin' in the Moonlight - King Harvest.....
http://youtu.be/3akikjCNP3M
***
Bob Dylan's Moonlight
http://youtu.be/eors_Xa4r-o
***
Roger Daltrey, Under A Raging Moon
http://youtu.be/7YBV0PRyG8Y
That should be enough for one week.... please do enjoy...!
Probably more than we have room for in 2 hours. I think we're over 30 songs now, so I probably should declare the YT playlist full.
W.Dockery
2024-04-08 02:42:53 UTC
Post by George J. (George J. Dance)
Post by General-Zod
Dancin' in the Moonlight - King Harvest.....
http://youtu.be/3akikjCNP3M
***
Bob Dylan's Moonlight
http://youtu.be/eors_Xa4r-o
***
Roger Daltrey, Under A Raging Moon
http://youtu.be/7YBV0PRyG8Y
That should be enough for one week.... please do enjoy...!
Probably more than we have room for in 2 hours. I think we're over 30 songs now, so I probably should declare the YT playlist full.
I have another good one to consider:

The Moon Upstairs / Mott The Hoople

But this could work well for next week and the glitter rock theme.
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-09 02:10:32 UTC
Post by W.Dockery
Post by George J. (George J. Dance)
Probably more than we have room for in 2 hours. I think we're over 30 songs now, so I probably should declare the YT playlist full.
The Moon Upstairs / Mott The Hoople
http://youtu.be/ueStspBw63A
But this could work well for next week and the glitter rock theme.
Makes sense. Given there weren't that many glitter or glam rockers (I can think of just one Canadian group offhand), we should NOT limit the number of songs by an artist.
General-Zod
2024-04-09 18:57:25 UTC
Post by W.Dockery
Post by George J. (George J. Dance)
Probably more than we have room for in 2 hours. I think we're over 30 songs now, so I probably should declare the YT playlist full.
The Moon Upstairs / Mott The Hoople
http://youtu.be/ueStspBw63A
But this could work well for next week and the glitter rock theme.
Makes sense. Given there weren't that many glitter or glam rockers (I can think of just one Canadian group offhand), we should NOT limit the number of songs by an artist.
I dunno, the list could fill up quickly...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glam_rock

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_glam_rock_artists

List of glam rock artists

Classic era of glam (1971–1976)
ABBA[1][2]
Angel[3]
Arrows[4]
Bay City Rollers[4]
Blackfoot Sue[4]
Marc Bolan[5]
David Bowie[6]
Chicory Tip[4]
Alice Cooper[4]
Jayne County[7]
Donovan (briefly in the early 1970s)[8]
Doctors of Madness[9]
Brian Eno[10]
David Essex[4]
Bryan Ferry[11]
Geordie[12]
The Glitter Band[13]
Gary Glitter[14]
Alex Harvey[15]
Hello[16]
The Hollywood Stars[17]
John Howard[18]
Iron Virgin[19]
Jet[20]
Jobriath[21]
Elton John[22]
Kenny[23]
KISS[24]
Magic Tramps[25]
Ney Matogrosso[26][27]
Metro[28]
Mott the Hoople[29]
Mud[30]
Queen[31]
Paper Lace[32]
Pilot[33]
Iggy Pop[4]
Suzi Quatro[34]
Lou Reed[35]
Alastair Riddell[36]
Mick Ronson[37]
Roxy Music[38]
The Rubettes[39]
Secos & Molhados[40][41]
Silverhead[42]
Skyhooks
Slade[43]
Slik[4]
Brett Smiley[44]
Space Waltz[36]
Sparks[45]
Alvin Stardust[46]
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel[47]
Sweeney Todd[48]
Sweet[49]
T.Rex[50]
Magnus Uggla[51]
Vodka Collins[52]
Wizzard[53]
Roy Wood[54]
Zolar X[55]
Post-1976 glam
The Ark[56]
The Darkness[57]
Girl[58]
Hanoi Rocks[59]
Hot Leg[60]
King Adora[61]
The Medullary Paralysis[62]
Negative[63]
Prima Donna[64]
Pure Rubbish
Robin Black and the I.R.S.[65]
Spacehog[66]
The Struts
Suede[67]
Supergroupies[68]
White Hot Odyssey[69]

So, maybe we should be judicious in listing song links... mayhaps....?
W.Dockery
Most of those bands never has hits, though.
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-09 00:14:39 UTC
Post by General-Zod
That should be enough for one week.... please do enjoy...!
Probably more than we have room for in 2 hours. I think we're over 30 songs now, so I probably should declare the YT playlist full.
(from Facebook)
It's great here, but for me it's not done yet; there's still a playlist to do. Everyone stepped up and made sure we had enough songs, but now we've got the other extreme; I timed it this morning and we're more than 20 minutes over 2 hours. So for YT I'll have to do some cutting as well as curating.
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-09 00:18:52 UTC
Post by General-Zod
That should be enough for one week.... please do enjoy...!
Probably more than we have room for in 2 hours. I think we're over 30 songs now, so I probably should declare the YT playlist full.
(from Facebook)
It's great here, but for me it's not done yet; there's still a playlist to do. Everyone stepped up and made sure we had enough songs, but now we've got the other extreme; I timed it this morning and we're more than 20 minutes over 2 hours. So for YT I'll have to do some cutting as well as curating.
OK; I've cut one song from Will - Marquee Moon, which is just too long - and one from Zod - That's Amore, which isn't that long but only mentions the moon once. I also cut the Stones down to one song (Child of the Moon), and put on a Bowie fanvid (because the live version had 2 minutes of dialogue at the end, which will work when we do a Bowie Dancehall but not here). I've also curated it in a rough order, so I'll listen and retime it.
OK; I've cut one song from you - Marquee Moon, which is just too long - and one from Zod - That's Amore, which isn't that long but only mentions the moon once. I also cut the Stones down to one song (Child of the Moon), and put on a Bowie fanvid (because the live version had 2 minutes of dialogue at the end, which will work when we do a Bowie Dancehall but not here). I've also curated it in a rough order, so I'll listen and retime it.

OK, now it's 1 minute over (with ads), meaning it's ~5 min. under ad-free. So I'm adding one more song of my choice.

The Parachute Club - At the Feet of the Moon

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-09 01:32:31 UTC
A preview for our loyal followers on usenet:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_uEAOzPGnDGWmWMLX62A3JTHPKw5rrCV
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-10 20:25:55 UTC
Post by General-Zod
[...]
http://youtu.be/nibFxj_uj8M
We timed the playlist today. It was still over 2 hours, so I cut another of my picks - "Shame on the Moon" which brings us 3-4 minutes under 2 hours. We can leave it as is, or put on one more short song. I have a couple of suggestions, but I'd like some feedback first:

The Beatles - Mr. Moonlight

The Doors - Moonlight Drive

General-Zod
2024-04-11 21:09:13 UTC
Post by General-Zod
[...]
http://youtu.be/4nWcgyUVZu4
The Doors - Moonlight Drive
http://youtu.be/Oa6lAM1l0Hk
Jim Morrison with no doubt...!
George J. (George J. Dance)
That makes it unanimous - you me, Will, and MD all picked "Moonlight Drive". I love that. My biggest worry for the Dancehall, especially if we run overtime and have to cut songs from YT, that it'll get acrimonious and there'll be fighting; so a unanimous decision here makes me feel good about things for now.
W.Dockery
2024-04-13 06:54:49 UTC
Post by General-Zod
[...]
Seems to be so far so good.

George J. (George J. Dance)
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-04-11 00:17:58 UTC
Dancehall (24/04/06)
topic: Moon
This week's eclipse was rather underwhelming, but it inspired a terrific Dancehall, with 30 of our listeners' favorite tunes about the Moon.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_uEAOzPGnDGWmWMLX62A3JTHPKw5rrCV