1998 Poet of the Year Perky Award
z***@gmail.com
2019-06-11 23:07:32 UTC
Towards a Surrealist Poetry
http://rec.arts.prose.narkive.com/gtL5e6Qo/towards-a-surrealist-poetry
Good question, one of my favorite winning moments was when I won the "top
poet" in the citywide Perky Awards back in 1998, since you asked.
And interestingly, I recently came across the Google News archive of the
Google's new "News Archive"
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?tab=wn
COLUMBUS BOOK STORE EXCHANGES ADDRESS
$2.95 - Ledger-Enquirer - NewsBank - Apr 23, 1998
Other winners were: Steve Valentini, best actor; Kelli Franklin, best
actress; ``the Wizard of Oz,'' best theatrical production; Will Dockery, top
poet; ...
While searching these news archives for "henry conley" brings up more of
... guitarist; Jose Castellanos, Jr., bassist; Tom Chadwick, keyboardist;
Kile Hussey, drummer; Henry Conley, harmonica; Keni Thomas, male vocalist;
Lady V, ...
Published on April 23, 1998, Page B1, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA)
The "News" archive contains other various bits from the life & times of
"Will Dockery", since you have such and obvious fascination with the
YOUNG AND OLD, FANS INSPIRED BY LEGENDARY FOLK SINGER
$2.95 - Ledger-Enquirer - NewsBank - Oct 31, 1997
Columbus poet Will Dockery called Dylan A pacesetter for writers.
Dockerycredited Dylan for inspiring him to begin writing. ``every time he
puts out A new ...
Published on October 31, 1997, Page A1, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA)
HOW GROSS THY ART
$2.95 - Ledger-Enquirer - NewsBank - Jul 13, 1997
Will Dockery lets friends -- artists, poets and madmen, Will says -- store
their work there. Among those artists is Dan Barfield, ...
Published on July 13, 1997, Page B1, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA)
TO DO TODAY, LET'S ROCK OUT
Like the trippy sounds of Pink Floyd or Spiritualized? Check out progressive
rockers Spaceseed, a band that augments guitars with keyboards and even a
sci-fi sounding theremin. The band plays tonight at SoHo Bar & Grill, 5751
Milgen Road, Columbus. Will Dockery's Shadowville All-Stars open the show at
10 p.m. It's open to ages 21 and up. Cover is $5. Call 706-xxx-xxxx.
Published on June 16, 2006, Page A1, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156038020054363&set=a.10150542385934363.438622.620409362&type=3&theater
And so on... and so it goes.

1998 Perky Award for Poet of the Year, Columbus GA.

Congratulations as always...........
Will Dockery
2019-07-17 07:58:32 UTC
Here, I found an excerpt of the write-up on the Perky Awards local
newspaper, the Columbus Enquirer, published on April 23rd 1998, almost
[...]
From the same year, the article on my old friend, teacher and mentor Danny
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0b/c7/d8/0bc7d85430010a58b3e9609779b0180a.jpg

Thanks, Zod.
Will Dockery
2019-07-29 23:59:21 UTC
[...]
From the same year, the article on my old friend, teacher and mentor Danny
[...]

Thanks again, General Zod.

:)
W.Dockery

From the archives.
Victor H.
Cool history...!
W-Dockery
Good times.
Will Dockery

Appreciate that, Zod.
W-Dockery
2022-05-30 15:36:41 UTC
Post by z***@gmail.com
[...]
From the same year, the article on my old friend, teacher and mentor Danny
[...]
A blast from the past, found in the archives.

🙂
General-Zod
Groovy days of yore....
W.Dockery

[...]