Apple Montage / Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2019-04-24 20:29:50 UTC
"Sneak" is a euphemism
<snip>
No, the two characters in the poem are smoking cigarettes, sneaking so the
Apple Montage
Sneaking around
with Cousin Jenny,
smoking menthol
beyond the sheds.
Late summer vacation 1973
in the backwoods of Tennessee.
To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
There were several
of those trees
and other trees
behind them
beyond a field
and behind them, other trees.
Later, I stood near
as a crowd
watched Pops and my Uncle
cooking apple butter;
stirring the brown gunk,
boiling in a huge black kettle.
I saw my father
secretly pass
a wine bottle
to my Uncle Clarence.
I went from
breathing cold mist
out back behind the barn,
to breathing
the hot misty steam.
The air smelled of apple fumes
and strong booze.
-Will Dockery
"Do not mistake the speaker in the poem with te writer of the poem..."
-Karla Rogers
You've already said that the poem was true

While my poetry has autobiographical elements, I've never claimed every
detail was literally the truth, Pendragon.
Will Dockery
2019-04-24 21:06:17 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Then why use the real names of the individuals portrayed?

A no point does the speaker of the poem identify himself, and the names and
locations may or may not be exact.

Most of my poetry takes place in a fictional place called Shadowville,
anyhow.
Will Dockery
2019-04-24 21:53:28 UTC
"Michael Pendragon" wrote in message news:f51038b7-2410-4765-a5de-***@googlegroups.com...

<lies snipped>

Why do you lie so much, Pendragon?

:)
Will Dockery
2019-04-24 21:58:15 UTC
[...]
Here is the "Apple Montage" poem, for scrutiny and comment.
Good let's discuss this now and sort out Pen's lies....
Great plan...
Will Dockery
2019-04-29 06:21:23 UTC
Any poet will agree his statement on the meaning of his poem is the
definitive one.
Like I said: You're confusing "poet"
No, I didn't confuse you for a poet, P.J.R. - I understand you're in total
troll mode these days.

:)
Will Dockery
2019-04-29 06:24:27 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 28 Apr 2019 18:26:23 +0000 (UTC),
Any poet will agree his statement on the meaning of his poem is
the definitive one.
Like I said: You're confusing "poet" with
No, not with you, Cujo.

Everybody knows you post no poetry, only your stale bullshit.

:)
Peter J Ross
2019-05-02 13:45:42 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 29 Apr 2019 02:24:27 -0400, Will
Post by Will Dockery
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 28 Apr 2019 18:26:23 +0000 (UTC),
Any poet will agree his statement on the meaning of his poem is
the definitive one.
Like I said: You're confusing "poet" with
No, not with you, Cujo.
Everybody knows you post no poetry, only your stale bullshit.
Why do you loe all the time, Drecknozzle?

Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.

On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.

On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
--
PJR :-)

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2019-05-03 02:24:20 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 28 Apr 2019 18:26:23 +0000 (UTC),
Any poet will agree his statement on the meaning of his poem is
the definitive one.
Like I said: You're confusing "poet" with
No, not with you, Cujo.
Everybody knows you post no poetry, only your stale bullshit.
Why do you loe all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
It was my first attempt. I'm still waiting for Dreckster's first.

Sucks to be The Douchebag!
"You must mean every time I type? I get 100 dollars an hour to open my
mouth and convey my truth." - Eddieee, wondering why nobody calls him.
Will Dockery
A rare momenyt of honesty from PJR is noted.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2019-07-17 10:13:06 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Peter J Ross
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
I didn't think it was a good poem.
Hi, dishonest Dreckweasel! You left the first and last line out,
scumbag!

http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?STYPE=msgid&A=0&MSGI=%3Cslrnqclt45.c
mq.pjr%40homeridae.org%3E

****************
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Peter J Ross
Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
****************

Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Post by Will Dockery
A rare momenyt of honesty from PJR is noted.
And yet another dishonest one from you, Douchebag! Why are you so
fucking stupid?
"And again, anyone who believes they have THE answers, is suffering
from delusions of granduer, a liar, a fool, and lacking in mature
perspectives." - Edmo in self-diagnosis mode.
Peter J Ross
2019-07-21 17:04:29 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 17 Jul 2019 10:13:06 +0000 (UTC),
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Peter J Ross
Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
****************
Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
A rare momenyt of honesty from PJR is noted.
And yet another dishonest one from you, Douchebag! Why are you so
fucking stupid?
I think his fucking stupidity is a result of having only two
grandparents.

- Democritus
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2019-07-21 17:41:59 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
****************
Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of an incoherent piece of shit, lying pissbum?
"I have violated NO ISPs AUP."- Ed the Liar.
This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/
Peter J Ross
2019-07-21 18:26:01 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
****************
Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of an incoherent piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a talentless piece of shit, lying pissbum?

- Democritus
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2019-07-21 18:42:18 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
****************
Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of an incoherent piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a talentless piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a spamming piece of shit, lying pissbum?
"Interesting that you abuser/junkies think that because you clutter
up a bunch of newsgroups with harassment and off topic spin doctoring
that this has some affect on me as a chewtoy." - Ed the chewtoy.
Peter J Ross
2019-07-21 18:48:01 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
****************
Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of an incoherent piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a talentless piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a spamming piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a Plod-dependent piece of shit, lying pissbum?

- Democritus
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2019-07-21 19:14:30 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
****************
Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying
pissbum?
Can you be any more of an incoherent piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a talentless piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a spamming piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a Plod-dependent piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a delusional piece of shit, lying pissbum?
"Irrelevant. The unaware fear me. The aware welcome me." - Edmo, brave
explorer of PF Chang's explains why he's always on topic in kook groups.
Peter J Ross
2019-07-21 20:19:37 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
****************
Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of an incoherent piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a talentless piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a spamming piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a Plod-dependent piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a delusional piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a psychotically narcissistic piece of shit, lying pissbum?

- Democritus
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2019-07-21 22:30:30 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
****************
Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of an incoherent piece of shit, lying
pissbum?
Can you be any more of a talentless piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a spamming piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a Plod-dependent piece of shit, lying
pissbum?
Can you be any more of a delusional piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a psychotically narcissistic piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a worthless piece of shit, lying pissbum?
"Now that Google will be established as a "foundational aspect" of the
Internet, my work is secure and referenceable for many years to come.
Just as I planned it." - Edmo plots his immortality via Google.
Peter J Ross
2019-07-21 22:52:23 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Why do you lie all the time, Drecknozzle?
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
On the one hand, I didn't think it was a good poem.
On the other hand, it was ten thousand times better than any of yours.
****************
Can you be any more of a jealous piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a post-editing piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of an incoherent piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a talentless piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a spamming piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a Plod-dependent piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a delusional piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a psychotically narcissistic piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a worthless piece of shit, lying pissbum?
Can you be any more of a thieving piece of shit, lying pissbum?

- Democritus
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2019-07-22 00:13:34 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
[...]
Can you be any more of a cowardly piece of shit, lying pissbum?
W.Dockery
2022-07-27 19:38:37 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Peter J Ross
Not very long ago, I commented on a poem posted by Cujo.
I didn't think it was a good poem.
You left the
http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?STYPE=msgid&A=0&MSGI=%3Cslrnqclt45.c
mq.pjr%40homeridae.org%3E
****************
My point was made.

HTH and HAND.
W.Dockery
2022-07-27 22:27:39 UTC
Apple Montage by Will Dockery:

https://shadowville-mythos.blogspot.com/2022/06/apple-montage.html
Victor H.
2022-08-14 20:33:06 UTC
Outstanding poem for the ages....
W.Dockery
2022-08-16 07:37:32 UTC
Thanks again for the nod.
Will Dockery
2019-04-29 06:29:27 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 28 Apr 2019 21:17:44 +0000 (UTC), Will
Any poet will agree his statement on the meaning of his poem is
the definitive one.
You know literally nothing at all about poets and poetry, don't
you?
Only what I've learned from writing poetry for over forty years,
PJR.
That would be
<snip>

Several hundred poems and songs at this point... and still rolling, of
course... unlike you, since you seem to hasve retired from poetry to become
a full time troll, Peter.

:)
Peter J Ross
2019-05-02 13:53:07 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 29 Apr 2019 02:29:27 -0400, Will
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 28 Apr 2019 21:17:44 +0000 (UTC), Will
Any poet will agree his statement on the meaning of his poem is
the definitive one.
You know literally nothing at all about poets and poetry, don't
you?
Only what I've learned from writing poetry for over forty years,
PJR.
That would be
<snip>
Several hundred poems and songs at this point...
You've never written anything that could reasonably be called a poem
or a song, and there's no reason to think that you ever will.
and still rolling, of course...
What you do when you fall into the gutter is your own affair.
unlike you, since you seem to hasve retired from poetry to become
a full time troll, Peter.
I submitted a draft of a new sonnet for c&c just a few days ago.

- Democritus
Will Dockery
2019-04-29 06:31:49 UTC
boozing himself into unconsciousness every day of his life
from his early teenage years onwards
You're still spreading that lie, I see, Peter, when you know I stopped
drinking in 2008.

Why do you loe so much, Peter J. Ross?

:)
Peter J Ross
2019-05-02 13:57:31 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 29 Apr 2019 02:31:49 -0400, Will
Post by Will Dockery
boozing himself into unconsciousness every day of his life
from his early teenage years onwards
You're still spreading that lie, I see, Peter, when you know I stopped
drinking in 2008.
How would I know that? All the evidence I've seen suggests that you
started again the morning after stopping.
Post by Will Dockery
Why do you loe so much, Peter J. Ross?
Although I may sometimes wind slowly o'er the lea, don't confuse me
with one of the herd, Dreckwit.

(whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh)

- Democritus
Will Dockery
2019-04-29 07:35:00 UTC
I don't have any issues with Shel Silverstein, I may prefer the
poetry of Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan, but the poetry of Shel
Silverstein and others, like you, who write like him are
welcomed here, as far as I'm concerned.
Leonard Cohen was also a poet, correct?
"Leonard Norman Cohen CC GOQ (September 21, 1934 – November 7,
2016) was a Canadian singer-songwriter, poet and novelist. His work
explored religion, politics, isolation, sexuality, and personal
relationships.[2] Cohen was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall
of Fame, the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame, and the Rock and
Roll Hall of Fame. He was a Companion of the Order of Canada, the
nation's highest civilian honour. In 2011, Cohen received one of
the Prince of Asturias Awards for literature and the ninth Glenn
Gould Prize.
Cohen pursued a career as a poet and novelist during the 1950s and
early 1960s; he did not launch a music career until 1967, at the
age of 33..."
Yeah, and so were/is Jim Morrison, Michael Stipe, Jewel, Alicia
Keys, Tupac Shakur, Michael Jackson ...
Again, not the same as Leonard Cohen, who was a successful poet a full
decade before becoming a folk singer.
Will Dockery
2019-05-02 07:20:10 UTC
[...]
A montage is neither a setting nor a backdrop
Go ahead and write your own version of a montage in poetry, I already have
mine, love it or hate it, and with the previous thread up to nearly 800
posts, time to break it and start a new thread for "Apple Montage".
https://www.instagram.com/willdockery007/?hl=en
You just can’t
While you just can't read an comment on a poem to save your life, can't you,
obsesso stalking troll?

:)
Will Dockery
2019-05-08 22:56:02 UTC
It's Booze O'Clock all day long in Deepest Shallowville.
Obsess much?

:)
Will Dockery
2019-05-27 03:08:50 UTC
[...]
No doubt about it this is a montage in the form of poetry....
You are correct, Zod.

;)
Will Dockery
2019-05-27 04:14:14 UTC
[...]
Brilliant and apparently quite subtle montage effect...…...
Subtle is apparently correct... heh.
Will Dockery
2019-05-29 05:43:59 UTC
while pretending to be sober
At least you have the desire to be sober, PJR.

I've been sober since 2008, and I often say if I can do it, anyone can.

;)
Peter J Ross
2019-05-31 17:29:47 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 29 May 2019 01:43:59 -0400, Will
Post by Will Dockery
while pretending to be sober
At least you have the desire to be sober, PJR.
Where did you get that idea, Dreckwit?
Post by Will Dockery
I've been sober since 2008,
Why have you lied daily for eleven years, Drunkwit?
Post by Will Dockery
and I often say if I can do it, anyone can.
I'm very suspicious of teetotallers.

Fake teetotallers (such as you) are even worse.

- Democritus
W.Dockery
2020-12-24 22:21:29 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
and I often say if I can do it, anyone can.
I'm very suspicious of teetotallers.
Fake teetotallers (such as you) are even worse.
One more week and I will have stopped drinking for 13 years, having stopped New Year's Day 2008.

:)
General-Zod
2023-08-29 19:22:17 UTC
Another read of a very fine work of poetry...!
W.Dockery
2023-08-29 19:37:43 UTC

***
W.Dockery
2023-08-31 13:30:39 UTC
[...]
Thanks again for the read.

🙂
General-Zod
2024-02-09 22:46:22 UTC
Yo... again, kool read...
W.Dockery
2024-03-11 07:48:24 UTC
Thanks again.
General-Zod
2023-10-03 22:08:48 UTC
Congrduhlations....!
W-Dockery
2022-05-31 16:01:39 UTC
while pretending to be sober
I just noticed this post in the archives.

Perhaps PJR doesn't post here now because he stays too drunk to pretend to be sober?
W.Dockery @news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery )
2022-06-01 20:56:17 UTC
Two or more self-contained images that create a new (mental) image when
juxtaposed to one another through editing is a montage
Yes, that was the effect I was going for.
And parlayed excellently I might add...
[...]
***************************************
Thanks, Zod, this thread needed the poem.
🙂
Ye art welcomed, Sir Doc....!
Good afternoon, my friend, I hope you and Mike are doing well on this Summery day.

:)
General-Zod
2022-06-01 18:58:19 UTC

For those who have missed the poem, and this thread was broken....!
W-Dockery
Good evening, and thanks for setting the thread on the right track.
Victor H.
2022-08-17 23:17:38 UTC
Post by W-Dockery
[...]
Is is still working right...?

Let us test it...
General-Zod
How'd do Doc...?
W-Dockery
Thanks again for the bump, Zod.
W-Dockery @news.novabbs.com (W-Dockery )
2023-06-08 07:22:11 UTC
[...]

Revised and updated June 2023 for the Shadowville Mythos poetry blog:
https://shadowville-mythos.blogspot.com/?m=1
General-Zod
2023-10-02 17:16:38 UTC
One of best...
W.Dockery
2023-10-18 14:01:16 UTC
Thanks again for the endorsement, my friend.
W.Dockery
2023-10-26 23:15:28 UTC
[...]
Thanks for reading and commenting, Zod.

:)
General-Zod
2023-11-29 20:27:44 UTC
Another read... once more... one of best....
W.Dockery

🙂
General-Zod

Good evening to you...!
W.Dockery
2024-01-24 02:55:13 UTC
Post by General-Zod
Post by W.Dockery
Post by General-Zod
[...]
Hello again my friend.

😃
W.Dockery @www.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
2024-01-27 21:02:09 UTC
[...]
Ping Rachel, the poem I told you about.

😊
General-Zod
2024-01-28 07:16:42 UTC
Good day, one of best...
Will Dockery
2019-05-29 05:57:09 UTC
[...]
You know Pendragon, though, once he lies, he really digs in with it.

:)
W-Dockery
2022-05-30 13:42:11 UTC
[...]
Not sure what's left to discuss, reposting this one for comment and critique from the newer readers here, and future readers.

HTH and HAND.
General-Zod
Cool poem....
W.Dockery
2022-06-01 03:34:19 UTC
[...]
Good let's discuss this now and sort out Pen's lies.... You know Pen, though, once he lies, he really digs in with it...!
You nailed it, Zod.

🙂
General-Zod
Good day, and I thank.....
W-Dockery
2022-06-07 03:16:08 UTC
Post by General-Zod
Post by W.Dockery
[...]
Good evening, Zod, I hope you and Mike are having a good one.

🙂
Victor H.
Quite well, have been enjoying the fine Summer weather,...!
W.Dockery
2022-06-14 05:11:38 UTC
Post by Victor H.
Post by W-Dockery
Post by General-Zod
Post by W.Dockery
[...]
It's coming in full scale.

🙂
W.Dockery
Hello there my friend.
Rocky Stoneberg
2022-08-08 22:11:58 UTC
One of the all-time best....
W-Dockery
2022-08-11 14:44:25 UTC

🙂
Will Dockery
2019-05-29 07:09:58 UTC
Writes Peter J. Ross... who is too ignorant to appreciate the poetry
of two greats like Edgar Allan Poe and William Blake.....
That is pretty foolish, I agree.
General-Zod
2022-06-03 21:47:30 UTC
Peter could be quite puzzling at some times....
W-Dockery
Sometimes, and sometimes very transparent.
W-Dockery
2023-04-27 23:37:28 UTC
Writes Peter J. Ross... who is too ignorant to appreciate the poetry
of two greats like Edgar Allan Poe and William Blake.....
In fact, very similar to Michael Pendragon's delusions of being a better poet than T.S. Eliot, William Carlos Williams and e.e. cummings.

:)
General-Zod
gOOD RIDDANCE TO THEM ALL... HA HA...
W.Dockery