Dancehall (24/05/11) Sugar and Honey
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-11 13:18:14 UTC
Dancehall (24/05/11)
topic: Sugar and Honey

The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)

(MD's topic, but I expanded it so there'd be a greater choice of songs. I can't delete the earlier thread, but please post on this one.)
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-11 13:25:56 UTC
Patsy Gallant - Sugar Daddy

W.Dockery
2024-05-11 15:56:50 UTC
Sugar Man / Sixto Rodriguez

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-11 17:15:52 UTC
Interesting. If a "Sugar Man" is a dealer, is a citizen of "Sugar Town" a user?

Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-12 01:08:53 UTC
Maroon 5 - Sugar

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-12 16:05:14 UTC
The Beach Boys - Wild HOney

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-12 18:25:08 UTC
Steve Miller Band - Wild Mountain Honey

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-12 23:18:36 UTC
Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-13 02:26:05 UTC
The Clique - Sugar on Sunday

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-13 21:14:36 UTC
Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass - A Taste of Honey

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-13 23:05:02 UTC
Gloria Gaynor - Honey Bee

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-14 09:48:50 UTC
Fall Out Boy - Sugar We're Goin Down

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-14 13:13:57 UTC
Nina Simone - I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-14 13:47:57 UTC
The Cryan' Shames - Sugar and Spice

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-14 20:13:20 UTC
Steam Powered Giraffe - Honeybee

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-14 20:17:05 UTC
The Analogues - Wild Honey Pie

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-14 20:19:24 UTC
The Beatles - Honey Pie

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-14 20:45:52 UTC
The Beatles - Honey Pie
http://youtu.be/jfuYPzwUk6g
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-14 20:49:04 UTC
Lou Reed and Metallica - Iced Honey

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-14 20:50:11 UTC
And that should fill it. I'll proceed to timing it.
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-15 01:24:02 UTC
It times out at 119 minutes (with ads). So it's fine as is, though (if there's something else that has to go on) there's some room.
General-Zod
2024-05-15 20:18:13 UTC
If there is still time...!

Grateful Dead - Sugaree (Winterland 10/18/74)

Please enjoy...!
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-16 10:09:25 UTC
If you mean "time" on the playlist itself, well, there's some; we timed it ad-free on TV yesterday, and it ran 5 minutes under.

This song by the Dead is excellent sound and picture-wise. It's 7-1/2 minutes long, though, and it's the shortest version on YT. So it'll mean taking off a short song; which should be one of mine since I've put so many on. I haven't figured out what to take off yet, but I'll work on that today.
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-16 10:31:34 UTC
Done. I took off "Sugar and Spice" by the Cryan' Shames - I wasn't that impressed with it, and it's 2-1/2 minutes long. So we're good.
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-16 19:24:53 UTC
Post by General-Zod
If there is still time...!
Grateful Dead - Sugaree (Winterland 10/18/74)
http://youtu.be/_Zj5GShx6IE
Please enjoy...!
Done. I'll put out a promo today.

It's your topic again next week. Feel free to give me one early, on this thread.
George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-12 23:03:32 UTC
Talking Heads - Sugar on My Tongue

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-12 23:03:59 UTC
Echo and the Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-11 17:58:41 UTC
Post by George J. (George J. Dance)
Dancehall (24/05/11)
topic: Sugar and Honey
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me -- (h/t to MD)

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-13 19:40:33 UTC
The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar -- (h/t to MD)

W.Dockery
2024-05-11 20:35:51 UTC
Sugar Shack / Jimmy Gilmer

W.Dockery
2024-05-11 22:02:32 UTC
Sugar Baby Love / Rubettes

W.Dockery
2024-05-12 02:08:45 UTC
Sugar Mountain / Neil Young

W.Dockery
2024-05-12 06:40:48 UTC
Sugar Baby / Bob Dylan

W.Dockery
2024-05-12 19:28:58 UTC
No Sugar Tonight / Guess Who

George J. (George J. Dance)
2024-05-17 02:42:11 UTC
Post by George J. (George J. Dance)
Dancehall (24/05/11)
topic: Sugar and Honey
Sugar and Honey, possibly the 2 most used metaphors in song, are the topic of this week's Dancehall: 30 great songs by artists from the famous (Abba, Beach Boys, Beatles, Dylan) to the lesser heard (Archies, Sixto Rodriguez, Steam Powered Giraffe).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_uEAOzPGnDE7UWENhUcsePspQrjLxoIQ
W.Dockery